On 5 April 2016 the JRC presented the interactive and collaborative online European Energy Efficiency Platform. This beta platform is conceived to fill the gap opened by scattered data and fragmented knowledge resulting from a rapidly growing energy efficiency market. It is expected to be both a one-stop shop for information retrieval and a meeting point for experts to exchange data and reduce redundant activities.
ESCo - Further Reading
Information in this section draws on many excellent sources recommended for further reading
- Bertoldi, P., Rezessy, S. and Vine, E. Energy Service Companies in European countries: current status and a strategy to foster their development. In: Energy Policy, article in press.
- CTI (Climate Technology Initiative)., 2003. Guide to working with energy service companies in Central Europe. CTI Secretariat, Tokyo.
- Dreessen, T., 2003. Advantages and disadvantages of the two dominant world ESCO models; shared savings and guaranteed savings. In: Proceedings of the First Pan-European Conference on Energy Service Companies. Editor: P. Bertoldi.
- ECS (Energy Charter Secretariat)., 2003. Third Party Financing. Achieving its potential. Energy Charter Secretariat, Brussels.
- European Commission, DG Joint Research Centre (EC DG JRC). 2005. European Energy Service Companies Status Report 2005. Authors: Bertoldi, P. and Rezessy, S. Ispra, Italy: EC DG JRC. Download here
- European Commission, DG Joint Research Centre (EC DG JRC). 2007. Latest Development of Energy Service Service Companies across Europe. A European ESCO Update. Authors: Bertoldi, P., Boza-Kiss B. and Rezessy, S. Ispra, Italy: EC DG JRC. Download here
- European Commission, DG Joint Research Centre (EC DG JRC). 2010. Energy Service Companies Market in Europe. Status Report 2010. Authors: Marino A., Bertoldi, P. and Rezessy, S. Ispra, Italy: EC DG JRC. Download here
- Hansen, S. and Brown, J. 2003. Investment Grade Audit. Making smart energy choices. Fairmont Press: Lilbourn.
- IEA/CTI Workshop: Regulatory Framework for Energy: Third Party Financing in Central Europe (Budapest, November 2001).
- McGowan, J., 2001. State-of-the-art performance contracting. Article available online here
- Poole, A.D. and Stoner, T.H., 2003. Alternative financing models for energy efficiency performance contracting. Sponsored by the USAID Brazilian Clean and Efficient Energy Program (BCEEP), administered by Winrock International.
- Vine, E., 2005. An international survey of the energy service company (ESCO) industry. In: Energy Policy, 33 (5), 691-704.
- WEEA, World Energy Efficiency Association. 1999. Briefing paper on Energy Service Companies with directory of active companies. WEEA, Washington.
Materials from dedicated European initiatives on ESCOs are very useful for understanding both European and country trends and developments. Among these initiatives are:
- the First European Conference on ESCOs (May 2003, Milan, proceedings available here.);
- the conference Improving Energy Efficiency in Commercial Buildings (April 2004, Frankfurt);
- the international workshop Electricity End-Use Efficiency in Candidate Countries (December 2004, Brussels, proceedings available here);
- task X “Performance Contracting” of the International Energy Agency Demand Side (IEA-DSM) Implementing Agreement (reports available at http://dsm.iea.org/NewDSM/Work/Tasks/10/task10.asp);
- the Clearing House for Contracting Schemes (Clear Contract) project, carried out by the Austrian National Energy Agency and the Berlin Energy Agency (materials available at http://clearcontract.net/).